[syslog-ng] Web Visualize logs (Ivan Adji - Krstev)

Czanik, Péter peter.czanik at balabit.com
Fri May 27 12:22:31 CEST 2016

Hi,

To enable Java support you need at least the "syslog-ng" and
"syslog-ng-java" packages from that repository. Optionally you can also
install the "syslog-ng-java-hack" package, which includes all the necessary
JAR files, or you can also point your config to the JAR files of your
Elasticsearch installation. Note, that syslog-ng 3.7 only supports
Elasticsearch 1.X.

You will also need to point syslog-ng to libjvm.so. There are multiple
ways:
https://czanik.blogs.balabit.com/2016/03/troubleshooting-java-support-in-syslog-ng/
My personal preference is the ld.so.conf trick, but note that it has side
effects if you have multiple Java versions on your system.

Bye,

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>
Balabit / syslog-ng upstream
http://czanik.blogs.balabit.com/