[syslog-ng] WANTED: feature owner of syslog-ng command line tool :)

Scot scotrn at gmail.com
Tue May 24 02:35:28 CEST 2016

Hi,

 We use syslog-ng in a very diverse environment of vlans. The majority of
the config is driven from python against an ipam.  (Maybe API to drive
config from Ipam's too?)

So for any given subnet we will have a filter, destination and log rule.
 we have over 700 vlans which makes for a large but simple set of conf
files.

I would like to see options that syslog-ng-ctl has plus the ability to see
filter, log, and destination data in real-time.  Even a counter would be
helpful.

Ideally this would be a socket connection to the running syslog-ng daemon
similar to what NcFTP has ncftpd_spy and ncftpd_watch.

more to come.

Thanks
Scot