[syslog-ng] Finding feature owner for Kafka source project

Czanik, Péter peter.czanik at balabit.com
Sat May 21 20:19:29 CEST 2016

Hi,

I got exactly the same feedback last week at the DORS/CLUC conference. My
feeling based on many F2F discussions (but not backed by proper research),
that Java is OK with large enterprise syslog-ng users, but the rest prefers
to avoid Java as much as possible.

I must admit, that with my SMB (small and medium-sized businesses) sysadmin
background I'm also biased towards C-based solutions, that's why I'd like
to do a proper user research on the topic instead relying on my feelings...

Bye,

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>
Balabit / syslog-ng upstream
http://czanik.blogs.balabit.com/