[syslog-ng] Syslog-NG with MongoDB

Ivan Adji - Krstev akivanradix at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:04:55 CEST 2016

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the feedback.
The problem is that im trying to monitor big infrastructure ( 200
Physical servers and more than 1000 VMs ). So currently i have install
with MongoDB and have 300MB for one week monitoring just two VMs. The
server syslog-ng and one client VM. Also i have used before syslog-ng
with MariaDB (MySQL) but i have problem that i have 90% CPU Load when i
used MySQL. I can't fix it. But now using MongoDB i have other problems.
Using LogAnalyzer i can't see the "Date", "Facility", Serverity etc. on
a main page but when i go to the log itself or i open it i can see all
this informations. So i have the following

1. Syslog-NG with MySQL and LogAnalyzer ( works ok but CPU Usage was big )
2. Syslog-NG with MongoDB and LogAnalyzer ( works ok but no informations
shown on a first page )

So i can't find solutions and i need this sh*** up and running ASAP :)

Any solutions or suggestions im open to see it !

Kind regards
Ivan