[syslog-ng] Weird issue with remote syslog-ng setup

Dave Florek dave.a.florek at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 01:45:06 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm running into a weird issue where I have syslog-ng running on a client
and server. Both are correctly configured to push log files from the client
to the server and they're both Linux boxes. A netstat command on the client
shows an established connection from the client to the server, however on
the server, a netstat command does not show a connection from the server to
the client or client to server. I checked firewall settings in iptables,
however nothing seems to be working. Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot
this?

Sincerely,