[syslog-ng] [GSoC] Interested in Python support for Correlation Library

Tibor Benke ihrwein at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 13:02:25 CET 2016

> - Whats you take on a generic script solution that takes context
> information as arguments, this allows user to use language of his choice.
> Is performance the only concern here? This shouldn't be very difficult to
> implement.

The context information can be really huge (thousands of messages) so I'd
be best to pass around this information without any heavy conversation. A
generic script solution would be very inefficient in this case.

> Are we expecting, users to still write python code (template) in JSON? It
> might get ugly defining functions within JSON. We could probably consider
> giving users config option to include their Python module.

That's a good idea! Note, that we could support even YAML configurations,
if we upgrade the serde dependency to 0.7 (this is also a possible way of
contribution to the project).