[syslog-ng] Collecting messages from text files

Girish Kumar girish.kumar at al-enterprise.com
Tue Mar 22 11:39:31 CET 2016

Hi  All,

I am using file(filename) option  for source of log.   The filename is the log generated by my application. The  scenario is explained below.

                      Writes to                   Reads from
Application --- ---- >filename-----------> syslog-ng

Since the application is continuously writing to file and syslog-ng is reading from the file, is there any chance syslog-ng missing some logs from the file.
I am telling in reader writer context

I referred following link to understand and implement file(filename) option
https://www.balabit.com/sites/default/files/documents/syslog-ng-ose-latest-guides/en/syslog-ng-ose-guide-admin/html/configuring-sources-file.html

Regards,
Girish