[syslog-ng] [GSOC]Some questions about the project:WebSocket for syslog-ng

Yilin Li liyilin1214 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 01:31:47 CET 2016

Hi, I got some questions about GSOC Project: WebSocket for syslog-ng

1) WebSocket support two-way communication. However, I found only one-way
communication will be used in the project Idea. If this destination will be
used for alerting, what are the advantages of using Websocket? Is it mainly
for supporting another new protocol or better performance of WebSocket ?
2) It says we need a sample webserver to receive and handle messages coming
from syslog-ng. Can this sample webserver written in python ? Does "handle"
just mean recieve messages and display them to prove the destination is
working properly? Need the webserver do anything else such as writing them
to files or sending emails for altering?

Thanks :)

--
Thanks,
Yiln  Li