[syslog-ng] [GSoC] Project: Kafka source

md mehrab md.mehrab at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 12:06:28 CET 2016

Hi all,

I am currently 4th year undergraduate student at Faculty of Engineering,
Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India. I would like to contribute to a
GSoC 2016 project with open source community of syslog-ng.

In last summer vacation i worked (as intern )for a company  where i was the
part of data aggregator project (one of the core member of this project ).
Main idea of this project is to build scalable system so that it can handle
millions of request per minute. For this we used kafka messaging system.
Producer simply produce message to particular topic  and consumer get
message from that topic and feed to  async task (celery worker).

I think I can contribute syslog-ng project kafka source.
@Viktor Juhasz <https://github.com/juhaszviktor> (Mentor) kindly give me
suggestions.

--
Md Mehrab Alam