[syslog-ng] Is there a standard for naming tag/value pairs when parsing

Scheidler, Balázs balazs.scheidler at balabit.com
Sun Jun 12 11:44:45 CEST 2016

Well, CEE is pretty much dead, and I didn't see too much activity wrt
lumberjack either.

I would rather see consolidation instead of further fragmentation in this
area.

Cheers
Bazsi
You are the last person I thought would point me toward the splunk CIM.
Given the support that Balabit has put behind CEE and then lumberjack and
even the experimental patternDB schema (
https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng-patterndb/blob/master/SCHEMAS.txt) I
was sure you would steer me toward lumberjack.

At first glance the splunk CIM appears to be structured around and
partially dependant on some of the data flows of the splunk product. I'll
continue to review it but at this point I am still open to alternate
suggestions.

Evan.