[syslog-ng] how to enable TLS on syslog-ng 3.2.5

Czanik, Péter peter.czanik at balabit.com
Wed Jan 6 12:37:05 CET 2016

Hi,

3.2 is the version available in EPEL for RHEL6. It does not have SSL/TLS
support enabled due to packaging restrictions (components in / vs. /usr).

The latest packaged syslog-ng for RHEL6 is available in my repo on Copr:
https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/czanik/syslog-ng37epel6/ Note, that
this package does not care about the / vs. /usr boundaries, which is a
problem if you have /usr on a separate partition (syslog-ng is in /sbin,
crypto libraries under /usr/lib).

Once you installed this package (or compiles syslog-ng yourself), read the
docs at
https://www.balabit.com/sites/default/files/documents/syslog-ng-ose-3.7-guides/en/syslog-ng-ose-v3.7-guide-admin/html-single/index.html#chapter-encrypted-transport-tls

Bye,

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>