[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.7.x support on armv7 architecture

Girish Kumar girish.kumar at al-enterprise.com
Sun Feb 14 10:34:00 CET 2016

Thanks Peter.
I started using syslog-ng 3.7.2.

Armv7 hardware is BCM56340(Helix4) from broadcom
My requirement is sending syslog messages over TLS to remote server.
My compilation went fine for power pc architecture.
But  for ARMv7 I am having problem as I  mentioned earlier.

Following is the error. As other community friends suggested to I tried setting magic CFLAGS and LDFLAGS. But could not succeed.
Could you please share your experience.

  CC     lib/lib_libsyslog_ng_la-mainloop-call.lo
/tmp/ccChQOWy.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccChQOWy.s:260: Error: invalid operands (.text and *UND* sections) for `-'
/tmp/ccChQOWy.s:269: Error: invalid operands (.text and *UND* sections) for `-'
make[4]: *** [lib/lib_libsyslog_ng_la-mainloop-call.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gkuma020/PERFORCE/7.X.X.R01-gkuma020-gg/engr/sw/tps/objs/46/7.X.X.R01/armv7/syslog-ng'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/gkuma020/PERFORCE/7.X.X.R01-gkuma020-gg/engr/sw/tps/objs/46/7.X.X.R01/armv7/syslog-ng'
make --no-print-directory install-recursive
  CC     lib/lib_libsyslog_ng_la-mainloop-call.lo
/tmp/cc0N5KS5.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cc0N5KS5.s:260: Error: invalid operands (.text and *UND* sections) for `-'
/tmp/cc0N5KS5.s:269: Error: invalid operands (.text and *UND* sections) for `-'
make[4]: *** [lib/lib_libsyslog_ng_la-mainloop-call.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [install] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gkuma020/PERFORCE/7.X.X.R01-gkuma020-gg/engr/sw/tps/objs/46/7.X.X.R01/armv7/syslog-ng'
make[1]: *** [/home/gkuma020/PERFORCE/7.X.X.R01-gkuma020-gg/engr/sw/tps/built/46/7.X.X.R01/armv7/sbin/syslog-ng] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gkuma020/PERFORCE/7.X.X.R01-gkuma020-gg/engr/sw/tps'
make: *** [tps-build] Error 2
+ set +x

Regards,
Girish