[syslog-ng] Problem with syslog-ng version 2

Alarie, Maxime Alarie.Maxime at hydro.qc.ca
Mon Aug 29 20:48:41 CEST 2016

OS: SLes 11 sp4
syslog-ng: syslog-ng-2.0.9-27.34.39.2

Hi,
syslog-ng is configured to read from a application log file and then send it to another file in /var/log (tcpdump is not installed, I cant install it on a blackbox so this is how I test my config)
I have the following in my syslog-ng configuration file:
source ESRS {
file("/opt/esrsve/gateway/xGate.log");
};

destination esrsfile{ file("/var/log/max.log" );};

log { source(ESRS);
destination(esrsfile);
};
The problem I am seeing is that when syslog writes to the outputfile (esrsfile) it truncatedthe lines.
ex: Source File : [ 0, 6, 1, 1007] 08-29-2016 13:56:28.703 IMPORTANT INFO EDDEMC: Data Item::PMStatus Current Value::Offline
And the destination file looiks like this:
... ...
Aug 29 14:00:02 hostname C
Aug 29 14:00:02 hostname u
Aug 29 14:00:02 hostname r