[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng client through a load balancer with SSL/TLS encryption

Scheidler, Balázs balazs.scheidler at balabit.com
Thu Aug 18 18:23:08 CEST 2016

syslog-ng at least in its open source incarnation does not support load
balancing. the premium edition team has a feature that does fail-over to a
list of servers, but that is yet to be ported over to the OSE version, even
though the code is available.

Here's the general description on how that works:

https://www.balabit.com/documents/syslog-ng-pe-latest-guides/en/syslog-ng-pe-guide-admin/html/concepts-failover.html

This is how it can be configured in Premium Edition:
https://www.balabit.com/documents/syslog-ng-pe-latest-guides/en/syslog-ng-pe-guide-admin/html/reference-destination-network-chapter.html

On the open source side, it'd be great to have these features integrated to
the open source tree, and it is something that Balabit is working on, but
it's still time until those can be fully merged.

With all this being said, you either have the option to approach Balabit
with this request and continue the commercial route, OR help us porting the
code in question OR you can wait until we get there. I can help with any of
these :)

Cheers,