[syslog-ng] Disabling SSLv3 with Syslog-NG

Lupo, Joseph Joseph.Lupo at T-Mobile.com
Wed Aug 17 22:55:30 CEST 2016

Here is the output.

syslog-ng 3.6.4
Installer-Version: 3.6.4
Revision:
Compile-Date: Jul 23 2015 12:54:32
Available-Modules: afmongodb,confgen,system-source,afamqp,afprog,afsocket,pseudofile,cryptofuncs,dbparser,afsocket-tls,graphite,syslogformat,affile,csvparser,afuser,afsocket-notls,afstomp,basicfuncs,linux-kmsg-format
Enable-Debug: on
Enable-GProf: off
Enable-Memtrace: off
Enable-IPv6: on
Enable-Spoof-Source: off
Enable-TCP-Wrapper: off
Enable-Linux-Caps: off

On 8/17/16, 4:45 PM, "syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu on behalf of PÁSZTOR György" <syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu on behalf of pasztor at linux.gyakg.u-szeged.hu> wrote:

    Hi,

    "Lupo, Joseph" <Joseph.Lupo at T-Mobile.com> írta 2016-08-17 20:13-kor:
    > I made the change as suggested and it is complaining:
    [...]
    > I got the following error when I tried to start it:
    >
    > -bash-4.1$ sudo service sys-ng1 start
    > syslog-ng service starting.
    > Error parsing afsocket, syntax error, unexpected LL_IDENTIFIER, expecting ')' in /opt/splunk/usr/local/etc/syslog-ng.conf at line 49, column 9:
    >
    >         ssl-options(no-sslv2, no-sslv3, no-tlsv1)

    What is the exact version what you use?
    Can you send us the output of the syslog-ng -V
    ?

    Cheers,
    Gyu