[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng client through a load balancer with SSL/TLS encryption

Lupo, Joseph Joseph.Lupo at T-Mobile.com
Fri Aug 12 17:47:43 CEST 2016

Multiple syslog servers isn’t an option with a lot of these systems.  We could possibly have the relay server relay to multiple servers on the backend, but we’re loading this data into Splunk and don’t want redundant data to be loaded in.
Thanks,
Joe Lupo
T-Mobile USA
Principal Engineer, System Design & Strategy
(973) 440-8768

From: <syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu> on behalf of Evan Rempel <erempel at uvic.ca>
Date: Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 11:19 PM
To: "syslog-ng at lists.balabit.hu" <syslog-ng at lists.balabit.hu>
Subject: Re: [syslog-ng] Syslog-ng client through a load balancer with SSL/TLS encryption

IMHO The best way to have redundant logging it to log to multiple syslog servers from each source server. For devices that can only log to one device I would log to a dedicated log replicator that send a copy of the log event to the multiple syslog servers just as if the client could have sent to multiple syslog server on its own.

Evan.