[syslog-ng] [GSoC] Project: Kafka source

Vithulan MV vithulanmv.12 at cse.mrt.ac.lk
Wed Apr 27 15:15:29 CEST 2016

Hi all,

First of all, I'd like to thank you Syslog-ng community and my mentor
Viktor Juhasz for accepting my proposal to implement Kafka source in Java!.
Some of you may already know me but for others, I'll introduce myself
again. I'm Vithulan, 3rd year undergraduate at University of Moratuwa, Sri
lanka. My areas of interests are, Data analytics, Machine Learning,
Networking and Security.

As a first step into this GSoC program I already started following the
documentation [1], and going through the code base of syslog-ng (I'm
curious what IDE you all are using?). What are the other areas that you
want me to know to polish my knowledge before we get into the coding period?

I guess, this is going to be very interesting 4 months with good new
experiences :)
Thank you!

[1]
https://www.balabit.com/sites/default/files/documents/syslog-ng-ose-latest-guides/en/syslog-ng-ose-guide-admin/html/preface.html