[syslog-ng] Syslog-NG with MongoDB

Várady, László laszlo.varady at balabit.com
Wed Apr 20 15:53:05 CEST 2016

Hello,

MongoDB is a document-oriented database engine, not a relational database.
In this case, we talk about collections and documents instead of tables and
rows.
You can find a small comparison with MySQL here:
https://www.mongodb.com/compare/mongodb-mysql
There is also a more detailed SQL comparison:
https://docs.mongodb.org/manual/reference/sql-comparison/

Fortunately, syslog-ng supports MongoDB through the mongodb() destination
driver. Have a look at the "Example 7.11. Using the mongodb() driver"
section of the syslog-ng OSE Administrator Guide:
https://www.balabit.com/sites/default/files/documents/syslog-ng-ose-latest-guides/en/syslog-ng-ose-guide-admin/html-single/index.html#configuring-destinations-mongodb

https://asylum.madhouse-project.org/blog/2012/04/26/mongodb-howto/

Regards,
László Várady