[syslog-ng] systemd syslog-ng does not start CentOS 7.2.1511

Gergely Nagy algernon at madhouse-project.org
Wed Apr 13 15:30:34 CEST 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Scot Needy <scotrn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Systemd was enabled at OS deployment so I believe systemd libs were already
> installed unless a systemd-devel package needed to be added ?

Yes, you need the systemd-devel package (or whatever it may be called
on your OS). Support for Type=notify will NOT be visible in syslog-ng
-V output, that's why I asked for the summary of the configure run.
Alternatively, you can run ldd on the syslog-ng binary. If it is
linked to libsystemd0, you have Type=notify support, otherwise, you do
not.