[syslog-ng] About unofficial Debian/Ubuntu packages

Gergely Nagy algernon at madhouse-project.org
Wed Sep 9 16:36:35 CEST 2015

Hi!

As some of you may remember, I used to build and host unofficial Debian
and Ubuntu packages[1] for syslog-ng, but I stopped doing so for a
number of reasons a while ago.

 [1]: https://asylum.madhouse-project.org/projects/debian/

Recently, I felt the need to use a more recent (3.7.1) syslog-ng, so I
started to update the packaging. Right now, the results are on
GitHub[2], but the package repositories are not updated. Before I do
that, I'd like to evaluate if it is worth the effort, because there's a
huge gap between building packages for my own use, and building them for
others too. For one, I only care about Debian stable on armhf, which is,
well, far from the most popular architecture.

 [2]: https://github.com/algernon/syslog-ng-debian

So, if you or anyone you know would benefit from the continuation of my
unofficial (but high quality, and supported) Debian/Ubuntu packages,
please let me know off-list, I'd like to talk.

Thanks in advance!