[syslog-ng] Fields don't appear on kibana.

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Wed Sep 2 15:38:53 CEST 2015

This is a huge oversight. I have "complained" about this before. A JSON
source (json parser) should append all of the tags from the JSON payload
into the current set of TAGS.

I'm not sure about syslog protocol (new RFC) if the TAGS is prepended
with the .SDATA if the syslog parser will populate the TAGS. I would
hope so.

Evan.