[syslog-ng] Having trouble with java-modules

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Wed Nov 11 03:24:02 CET 2015

our build of 3.7 on Redhat 6.7 uses the following command sequence

export GRADLE_HOME=/usr/local/gradle-2.6/bin
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java
export PATH=$GRADLE_HOME:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
./configure --enable-pcre \
   --enable-json \
   --disable-python \
   --with-java \
   --disable-tcp-wrapper

but this does not control which java is used at runtime. You will still
need to use ldconfig to pick up the path to the libjvm.so library file.

Hope this gets you on your way.

Evan.