[syslog-ng] Single host logs aren't being written

Sandor Geller sandor.geller at ericsson.com
Mon Mar 9 09:53:42 CET 2015

Hi,

Is it possible to configure the given device to use another port? This
way you could fire up another syslog-ng instance with debugging options
enabled to see what it thinks about the incoming messages. Running this
instance under strace won't impact the processing of logs from other
devices and the strace output would be quite useful for debugging.

Although you mentioned that the incoming logs seem to be OK could you
show a few incoming packets? Preferably in hexdump format, maybe we
could catch what's wrong.

Regards,

Sandor