[syslog-ng] (no subject)

Amar Budhiraja amar.budhiraja1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:20:05 CET 2015

Hi,

I am a junior undergraduate student currently pursuing computer science and
engineering. I was looking at the GSoC ideas for syslog-ng and I found the
idea of syslog-ng server monitoring with mobile app quite interesting.

My skill set includes Java, C/C++, Python and Android. I have worked with
android earlier and I have developed about 5 applications, 2 end-to-end and
3 prototypes. I have also been coding in Java for about 3 years now and
have a pretty good understanding of the same. I do not have any coding
knowledge regarding SSL control socket but I have worked with socket in C
for a networks project, so I believe I can pick it up as and when required.
As for syslog-ng, I installed and worked around it a little bit and I found
myself to be quite comfortable with it at a user level. I believe building
a mobile application would be relatively less codebase dependent and more
couple in a API sort of way.

I would like to contribute to this project over the summer. Could you
please guide me where should I start? May be wireframing or a small demo
app?

Thank you

Sincerely,
Amar Budhiraja