[syslog-ng] Integrating with snmp traps

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Thu Jun 11 17:15:10 CEST 2015

Which perl module?

use POSIX;
use JSON;
use Data::Dumper;

use FLARE::Logger;
use FLARE::Config;

---------

use POSIX;
use JSON;

These should be easy to come by. They should be in your distribution, and they are on CPAN.

use Data::Dumper;

Was just used for testing and is not needed, although it should be standard.

use FLARE::Logger;
use FLARE::Config;

are custom and only apply to our environment. It should not be too difficult to guess at what they do and substitute your own methods.

You will have to modify the script (sub writeBuff) to place the @nameValues into a json object and output that instead of the normal syslog message string.

Is there something I am missing?

Evan.