[syslog-ng] organizing logs over network

westlake westlake2012 at videotron.ca
Thu Jun 11 08:15:45 CEST 2015

if i use source-> system(facility(local0)); and use an application that
sends to local0, what's the most effective way of categorizing this into
a special log file if the destination is over network?

I'm using two dns machines and they both send output to one logging
machine.  So far I'm using the host() directive with filter{} and two
log{} entries on the recipient, this way I can create a log depending on
the ip.  Is there a better way to organize the logs instead of using
host() with filter{} ?

thanks