[syslog-ng] Errors compiling syslog-ng 3.6.4 in CentOS 7.1

Sandor Geller sandor.geller at ericsson.com
Wed Jul 29 11:12:12 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 07/29/2015 10:44 AM, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I am trying to update my syslog-ng 3.5.x release to syslog-ng 3.6.4.
> When I run autogen.sh, the following error appears:
>
> [root at c071pubwww syslog-ng-syslog-ng-3.6.4]# ./autogen.sh
> Running autogen in 'lib/ivykis'...
> Don't know how to bootstrap submodule 'lib/ivykis'
>
> Any idea??

It should work out of the box using the git repo as autogen.sh checks
out the submodules. If you're using a release tarball then usually there
is no need to run autogen.sh at all (but it must work still), just run
configure unless you're applying patches which effect auto*
(Makefile.am, configure.ac, ...)

As far as I see the only way autogen.sh could break is when one copies
the git repo (without updating the submodules first) and runs autogen.sh
on a system where git isn't present.

hth,

Sandor