[syslog-ng] Trying to get json out of 3.7beta2

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jul 8 06:32:23 CEST 2015

OK I now know what is going on.

Firstly in my minimalist config I did not have a log destination for internal() so I was not getting the log messages.

Secondly I had misunderstood what that there are two parts to the  json support: Input and output.  All I wanted was output but I specified input as well so it barfed.  This became clear as soon as I had the error messages :)

After a few hours fiddling I now have a nice json file with my parsed syslog records!  Elastic Search here we come

Thanks for your help and patience!  :)

Russell