[syslog-ng] Trying to get json out of 3.7beta2

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jul 7 20:48:55 CEST 2015

> On 7 Jul 2015, at 08:57, Scheidler, Balázs <balazs.scheidler at balabit.com> wrote:
>
> Seems that jsonparser drops messages for some reason.
> I don't have the code handy but perhaps you could check the error cases.

sorry, not sure what you mean by 'check the error cases’.  There is nothing I can find in /var/log

BTW This is a corporate managed RHEL box that runs rsyslog for ‘normal’ logging.  I am running syslog-ng listening on non standard ports as I have done on other systems.

> It should report failures though.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help diagnose this.  I am keen to get this going.

Is there any docs apart from the section in the user manual?  If anyone can point me to a non trivial example (including using pattern parsing) that would be really helpful.

Russell