[syslog-ng] Change JSON Format

Daniel Neubacher daniel.neubacher at xing.com
Wed Jan 28 10:02:20 CET 2015

Hey there,
right now I'm playing around with different json shippers for log files and I'm a bit lost with syslog-ng. I've read the docs but I still don't know how to change the json Fields syslog-ng sends out. In order to get my new Installation approved I have to keep the old field names in mind, for example syslog sends out HOST_FROM but I  need source_host. Right now logstash/mutate does the renaming but I don't like to waste performance there.

My destination:

destination d_logstash_syslog_syslog_new {tcp("consumer.foo.bar" port(6002) template("$(format-json --scope selected_macros --scope nv_pairs)\n") );};

Thanks in advance
Daniel