[syslog-ng] Securing Communications Between syslog-NG Server and syslog Clients

wiskbroom at hotmail.com wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 5 17:28:20 CET 2015

Hello;

I have several thousand Linux and Solaris clients, some using syslog, some using rsyslog.  I intend to use stock syslog client on all of these, this is the easiest approach for my Solaris clients.

My server will be syslog-NG, and I was wondering if it is possible, without another app, i.e. stunnel, to secure communications between syslog client and my syslog-NG server; i.e. TLS or SSL?

Otherwise, I would have to compile syslog-NG for several platforms, x86, Sparc, three different Linux.  My timeframe is quite short.

Thank you all!