[syslog-ng] How to disable DNS resolution in syslog-ng?

Scheidler, Balázs balazs.scheidler at balabit.com
Mon Aug 24 22:40:38 CEST 2015

It does that in order to resolve its fully qualified domain name, as
gethostname() as the syscall usually returns a short hostname. You should
add the short hostname to /etc/hosts, with the long hostname listed first
and the short nonqualified hostname as an alias.

It should avoid the dns lookup and is good practice anyway.