[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.7.1 released

Budai, László laszlo.budai at balabit.com
Mon Aug 17 17:48:00 CEST 2015

Hi Vincent,

I'm apologize for not contacting with you to discuss this question (it was
my plan, but I run out of time and unfortunately I forgot it).

As you pointed out: in incubator there is a non-java based Kafka driver.
My plan is to keep it in the incubator and give the choice to the users.
If someone needs a non-java Kafka destination then we can say: we have such
a driver in the incubator.
On the other hand, if someone wants to use a Kafka dst which is built
around the official Kafka java client library,
then she/he can use it.
(Kafka was a really good candidate for implement it on the basis of the new
Java language binding.)

L.