[syslog-ng] syslog-ng memory leak ? valgrind attached

Fabien Wernli wernli at in2p3.fr
Wed Apr 29 15:55:59 CEST 2015

Hi Jim,

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 09:49:05AM -0400, Jim Hendrick wrote:
> From 3.6.2 OSE built with json & redis
>
> Seeing steady memory growth (> 10 GB after ~ a day at ~7000 EPS load)
>
> This was from a few minutes of runtime. (~5)
>
> Is this a known issue or did I trip over something?

We're having similar issues when the workload tickles your figures.
One possible explanation seems to be that the memory from queues is never
released [1]. Are your queues always empty or do they do regular work?

Oh, then there was this one too [2]

[1] https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng/issues/287
[2] https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng/issues/446