[syslog-ng] Solaris & Linux (RH6) Console and SSH Use Logging

wiskbroom at hotmail.com wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 28 19:06:20 CEST 2015

Greetings;

This is question is slightly OT, but I can't imagine a better place to ask; so please, no flames.

I would like to begin logging all attempts (succesful, failed, no password given, etc) to login to Sparc/Solaris machines, as well as RedHat 6 Linux boxes.  My clients are using stock syslog, but my server is running syslog-NG; my second goal is to redirect all login type logs to just one file for ALL of my Solaris & Linux servers.

Does anyone have a known good syslog config file for both Solaris, and Linux?

Also, a good syslog-NG entry to force just the console and ssh data into a separate file?

Thank you!

.vp