[syslog-ng] syslog-ng-3.7beta1 released

Czanik, Péter peter.czanik at balabit.com
Tue Apr 14 22:38:19 CEST 2015

Hi,

It's up and running on my laptop and did not it (yet :-) ) eat the machine.
It's a beta, so not recommended for production use, still any testing and
feedback is very welcome!

While trying to package the beta, I ran into two bugs:
- man pages are missing from the release tar.gz
- parallel build does not seem to work (don't use "make -j")

My packages for openSUSE are available at
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:czanik:syslog-ng37

Tomorrow I'm mostly off-line due to a training and don't have much time
left for packaging this week. Which platform (FreeBSD or Linux distro
version) should have 3.7 beta1 packages next?

Bye,

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream
http://czanik.blogs.balabit.com/
https://twitter.com/PCzanik