[syslog-ng] Compiling Github Source (not Balabit source)

Sandor Geller sandor.geller at ericsson.com
Thu Apr 2 12:22:00 CEST 2015

Hello!

Without seeing any logs we couldn't really help as nobody except you
knows how your system looks like. Having said that let do some guessing...

You need a few tools (autoconf, libtool for example) installed and then
you can just run autogen.sh which will take care of the heavy lifting of
cloning submodules, running libtoolize, autoconf, ...

configure could still fail when any of the required components is
missing but if you were able to compile a recent point release then it
isn't likely, especially when you choose (checkout) the matching tag
instead of building the master branch.

If you run into trouble then please report back with the exact details.

hth,

Sandor