[syslog-ng] type hinting / mongodb / TAGS as array

Gergely Nagy algernon at madhouse-project.org
Fri Sep 19 08:30:17 CEST 2014

"Lucas, Sascha" <Sascha.Lucas at gisa.de> writes:

> I'm again looking for a way to store patterndb classified / tagged
> events in mongodb. My greatest wish is to store the event tags as an
> array (list) in mongodb. This would greatly enhance querying for
> different combinations of tags. ATM TAGS is a string. According to the
> documentation, there seems no way to "type hint" that tags is an
> array. Or do I miss something?

There is currently no way to do that. I have a work-in-progress
branch[1] to address that in a fairly crude manner, but it only works
for $(format-json) at the moment. It should be fairly easy to take that
branch forward and add MongoDB support too. I may do that later today,
but I only have resources to prepare a proof of concept patch, can't
clean it up and submit it properly.

 [1]: https://github.com/algernon/syslog-ng/tree/f/3.6/type-hint/list