[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng Drops Logs

Yalin Aksoy yalin.aksoy at labrisnetworks.com
Wed Nov 5 16:23:28 CET 2014

We have lots of traffic going through syslog-ng in our system (5000 logs
per second), so some logs are dropped because of 'log_fifo_size()'.
I've look around the web and found flush-lines and flush-timeout
methods, but also it failed in every configuration.
Related parts of my syslog-ng conf looks like that at the moment.
"
log_fifo_size(4096);
flush_lines(100);
flush_timeout(1000);
"
If I increase fifo size to ~ 16000 ,syslog-ng consumes too much memory
for my system to operate.

Is there any other way to stop that leak and what is the best practice
to use?
Thanks in advance.
-Yalin