[syslog-ng] How can I disable SSLv3 in syslog-ng 3.3.2 client config to sovle CVE-2014-3566(SSLv3 Fallback Vulnerabilit)?

Balazs Scheidler bazsi77 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 10:12:33 CET 2014

Hi,

The BalaBit team has worked on this issue, but IIRC they upgraded the
openssl library in the installation package.

Is that an option for you? Certainly syslog-ng could disable certain
protocols using options, but work has not been done.

It wouldn't be too difficult though, as we already disable SSLv2 (without
options). Can you perhaps make a stab at contributing this as a patch?

This is the line that disables SSLv2:

lib/tlscontext.c:334:      SSL_CTX_set_options(self->ssl_ctx,
SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2);