[syslog-ng] Upcoming changes in unofficial packaging

Gergely Nagy algernon at madhouse-project.org
Wed Nov 5 08:32:45 CET 2014

    Gergely> I started packaging syslog-ng 3.6.1 for Debian and Ubuntu, to provide
    Gergely> binaries at the usual[0] location. In the process, I intend to simplify
    Gergely> and clean up the packaging considerably. This also means dropping
    Gergely> support for a few older platforms.

Furthermore, this also means that I will stop maintaining multiple
versions of the Debian packaging. The unofficial repo will host the
latest stable (3.6), the same version I'm pushing into Debian. For older
versions, if they're available in a distribution, updates will come
through that channel.

The Debian backports archive has syslog-ng 3.5 packages for Wheezy, and
Ubuntu Trusty+ comes with 3.5 too (albeit not 3.5.6). I am not going to
bother compiling 3.5 for Ubuntu, but if anyone else does the job, I'm
happy to include the result in my archive.