[syslog-ng] ZMQ transport, source and destination

Laci Mészáros lacienator at gmail.com
Sun May 4 14:37:23 CEST 2014

Hy all,

I am László Mészáros a student at Szechenyi Istvan University learning
software engineering. I've made a proposal for Google Summer of Code to
implement the zeromq transport, source and destination. The organization
accepted it, so during this summer I will work on it.

You can find the proposal here:
https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng/wiki/GSoC2014-Proposal:-ZMQ-transport,-source-and-destination-%28lmesz%29

I made a blog where you can follow the status, it can be found here:
http://lmesz.tumblr.com/post/84705072064/introduction-aims

I think one part it will be fun and on another it will be difficult, so I
would like to ask all of you, if you have some use cases on your shelf
about how you would/will use zmq for logging via network, please share it
with us. You can send it to the list or to me personally it would be very
useful during the implementation.

Br,
Laci