[syslog-ng] GSoC2014: Information for students

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Thu Mar 20 10:54:04 CET 2014

Hi!

I believe I contacted everyone who submitted a proposal by now, but I
know there are some, who are still writing it, and I'd like to reach out
to everyone interested and involved: since we would like to allow our
students to improve their proposal past the application deadline, and
would also like to re-use the same page for progress reports and other
informations (such as repo urls) during the programme itself, I'd like
to ask all of you, to write your proposals on our GitHub wiki[1], and on
Melange, the content of the proposal should be a link to the created
wiki page.

 [1]: https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng/wiki/GSoC2014-Proposals

If you already wrote a proposal on Melange, copying it over should be
simple, as both Melange and GitHub accept Markdown. But if you need
help, and the linked page above isn't clear or complete enough, please
let me know, and I'll do my best to help. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Also, all students who submitted a proposal will receive a small,
topic-related task this afternoon, which we would like you to complete.
It shouldn't take more than an afternoon, I hope, but I'll be available
on all the usual channels (IRC, twitter, email, etc) to answer any questions.

Cheers, and thanks in advance!