[syslog-ng] syslog-ng ports in FreeBSD

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Tue Mar 18 12:03:59 CET 2014

Hi,
Right now syslog-ng 3.4 is the default syslog-ng port in FreeBSD
(sysutils/syslog-ng) and 3.5 is available as sysutils/sysog-ng-devel.
With the latest bugfix release I consider 3.5 good enough to become the
default. Before making the switch, I'd wait one more week and would like
you to test the 3.5 port and share your experiences.
Using 3.5 also has the additional benefit, that one can use the freshly
introduced sysutils/syslog-ng-incubator port. The incubator adds many
interesting modules to syslog-ng:
https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng-incubator , this port supports most
of it, except for Riemann.
Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <czanik at balabit.hu>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream