[syslog-ng] [GSOC 2014] Interested in working on "XMPP Destination"

Shonali Balakrishna shon.balakrishna at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 16:21:03 CET 2014

Hi all,

I am Shonali Balakrishna from Bangalore, India. I am going to be starting
graduate school(MSc.) at TU Delft this fall and wish to participate in
Google Summer of Code 2014 as a part of Syslog-ng.

I am an Electronics and Telecommunications engineering graduate(2008-2012)
from PESIT, Bangalore and I'm currently working in Oracle India, on
automation/scripting for refresh(cloning) tasks in their Cloud Division.

I am proficient in programming/scripting in C, Java and Perl. I have hands
on experience with working on XML and XMPP through an automation project at
work. I have user level familiarity with syslog-ng. Most importantly, I
enjoy learning and am always willing to learning something new.

I am interested in working on "XMPP Destination" and intend to apply for
this project through GSOC 2014. I have been familiarizing myself with
Syslog-ng source code in the last couple of weeks. I am working on a
project proposal for the same and would like to run it by you for feedback
when I'm done.

I would be extremely grateful for any pointers or leads to resources you
could provide me with, that would help me with this project.

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

--
Shonali Balakrishna