[syslog-ng] Installing multiple instances of Syslog-NG

Shashank Rohatgi srck85 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 05:24:05 CET 2014

So here was the issue.
having udp(so_rcvbuf(1024000) in the syslog-ng conf was creating the issue.
when i commented this it would have visibility  only to the logs specificly
 forwarded to it..

And talking about log rotation,
Any ideas other than using $YEAR/$MONTH/ basically date parameters to
rotate logs on and successfully have crons to delete them?

regards