[syslog-ng] Internal error, duplicate configuration elements...

Balazs Scheidler bazsi77 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 08:51:18 CEST 2014

Hi,

the issue is that syslog-ng uses the destination IP address/port
combination as an identifier to recover the queue when reloading syslog-ng,
so it does have some issues (e.g. one borrowing the queue of the other, or
using the same queue after reload). This is not good.

This could be solved with a long-discussed, explicit id() parameter, that
would let the administrator assign a custom ID, which can be made different
for the conflicting drivers, but that hasn't happened yet.

Using junctions and log expressions could help you to reorganize your
configuration in a way that prevent this kind of conflict:

https://bazsi.blogs.balabit.com/2012/01/syslog-ng-flexibility-improvements/

Hope this helps.