[syslog-ng] [EXTERNAL] Re: Can you have multiple non-standard TCP ports as sources

Smith, Jerry Don II jdsmit at sandia.gov
Wed Jul 30 20:49:56 CEST 2014

________________________________
From: syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu <syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu> on behalf of Peter Czanik <czanik at balabit.hu>
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 12:41 PM
To: syslog-ng at lists.balabit.hu
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [syslog-ng] Can you have multiple non-standard TCP ports as sources

Hi,

On 07/30/2014 08:34 PM, Smith, Jerry Don II wrote:
But when I add a new source and have it listen on 1514 for example:

source remote_3 {
        tcp(ip(0.0.0.0) port(1514) max-connections(200));
};

I don't get a listener on 1514 as well when looking via netstat .

Is there something I am missing?

Is it already included in a log path? If the tcp source is declared, but not in a log path, it will not listen.
Bye,

That was it, I didn't have a log setup for it.  After adding that, it works like a charm.

Thanks