[syslog-ng] compiling problems --enable-mongodb --enable-json --enable-redis

jrhendri at roadrunner.com jrhendri at roadrunner.com
Tue Jul 22 19:06:12 CEST 2014

That was it! (it's been too long since I did any c/C++ development)

I will pass along that I needed to specify the full path on the RHEL box.

That is: This worked on Ubuntu

make LDFLAGS="-L../redis-stable/deps/hiredis"

but RHEL didn't like the relative path so I needed to be explicit

Now I can start playing again :-)

I have been working on things like parsing -line logs that are interleaved, using an external parsing program to build the related log lines into a structure then writing to mongodb (specifically email logs where an external connection may carry many messages, and you see interleaved syslog coming from several mail gateways)

I also have started playing with ELK (elasticsearsh, logstash, kibana) and I think there is some interesting stuff using redis as the frontend for elasticsearch (maybe not needing logstash)

I think these modules for syslog-ng will be very useful.

Thanks again!!

Jim