[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng using an old Template

Jim Hendrick jrhendri at roadrunner.com
Tue Jul 22 14:30:25 CEST 2014

It should be simple to figure out.

I would try making sure the syslog-ng process is actually using the
correct config file.

Find and kill all syslog-ng processes
examine the startup script to make sure it specifies the right one
restart

If this does not immediately show the answer, try moving the "old" one
by either making it unreadable, putting it in a new directory, giving it
a new name, etc.

Then the startup should fail and give some useful information.

last resort try tracing the start e.g. "strace syslog-ng" to see what
files are opened during startup.

This is basic troubleshooting. Eliminate things, verify what you think
you know and then make one change at a time until you affect the
situation, then at least you know what will change the state of things
and you can proceed in that direction.

Jim